Grant Thomas is a commercial litigator with a focus on intellectual property. In his short career, Mr. Thomas has actively participated in four trials. He prepared jury instructions, preparing witnesses, drafted direct and cross examination outlines, drafted motions in limine, and prepared trial briefs.
Despite his concentration in litigation, Mr. Thomas has not shied away from his roots and his passion for entrepreneurship. He currently is an advisor to AAPlasma LLC, a non-thermal plasma company in the development stage. Mr. Thomas also advises Flock LLC, an artificial intelligence startup working in the construction space. Finally, after working closely during his final year at Santa Clara, Mr. Thomas is a co-founder and board member of The Fifth Wave, a not-for-profit corporation promoting diversity and inclusion in the STEaM fields.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2018
- University of Washington
- B.A. - 2015
- Major: History
- Minor: Entrepreneurship
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Whitewater Industries, Ltd. v. Pacific Surf Designs: An active member of the trial team representing Pacific Surf Designs in a patent infringement case arising out of the alleged infringement of a wave machine patent.
- T&J Enterprises v. The City of Laguna Beach: An active member of the trial team representing T&J Enterprises in an inverse condemnation suit against the City of Laguna Beach arising out of a sewage spill which occurred during construction on T&J Enterprises’ beachfront property.
- The City of West Hollywood v. MDA Johnson Favaro v. Walker Parking Consultants: An active member of the trial team representing the City of West Hollywood in an action regarding professional (architecture) malpractice arising out of the negligent design of the West Hollywood Library and Park expansion project. The case concluded in a favorable settlement for the City.
- Wamar International, LLC v. Thales Avionic, Inc (S.D. Cal.): An active member of the trial team for Wamar International, in an action regarding in-flight entertainment systems installed on international commercial airliners. The case settled favorably for Wamar International.
- Co-founder and board member, The Fifth Wave
- State Bar of California: Intellectual Property Law Sections
- Orange County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law Section