Why Thomas Whitelaw?
Clients Know – We deliver
Ask our clients.
A general counsel of a large client recently commented, “You all put more into than just doing your jobs. Everyone poured their hearts into the cause. Throughout the trial I continually observed that the other side lacked a genuine team. We had the advantage because of the people we had on our side.”
Organizations choose us and come back to us case after case. This is because of our expertise and passion to win, coupled with the ability to achieve desired results that demonstrate value. This unique combination of attributes has put us in the enviable position of being on the short list of high-stakes litigation matters throughout the country.
When selecting a legal partner, we have found that organizations ask us three common questions:
1. Do you have relevant casework?
- We have a proven track record in high-stakes intellectual property, commercial and securities litigation as well as real estate and environment matters. Our experience crosses a breadth of industries and wide range of high-stakes cases.
- Please review our casework in the Practice Areas section for specific examples of how we demonstrate consistently favorable outcomes with outstanding results for our clients.
2. Who would be my team and what are their credentials?
- Thomas Whitelaw’s partners each possess 15 to 35 years of experience in handling a multitude of intellectual property and business litigation cases both in and out of court. These seasoned partners, who came to us from careers at large, international firms, would manage your case and remain heavily involved on a regular basis.
- Our outstanding attorneys have headed litigation departments at “AmLaw 100” law firms, hail from top schools and have served judicial clerkships. For specific information on our attorneys’ and paralegals’ backgrounds, visit the About section of our website.
- Clients benefit from our team approach and the use of our talented associates for appropriate tasks such as depositions and research.
- Our attorneys draw upon their diverse backgrounds to devise creative solutions for your most challenging disputes. Our team includes a former aeronautical engineer, a wireless technology executive, a scientist and real estate experts.
- For matters with a broad geographic scope, Thomas Whitelaw may partner with its network of other law firms – both boutique and global – to efficiently and successfully manage casework.
3. What are your billing arrangements?
- Thomas Whitelaw works with each client to develop billing arrangements designed to suit the client’s needs on a particular case or project. We offer flexible billing through any combination of project, hourly, fixed fees and success fees. We are able to offer highly competitive pricing because of our boutique-style organizational structure and low overhead. These efficiencies include advanced electronic discovery and a virtually paperless office. Our goal is to achieve reduced expenses and to maintain efficiencies.
We have earned our reputation as the rare litigation firm that delivers extraordinary results and value – just what general counsels of today need. Just what boards and CEOs demand.